Tuesday 27 May 2008

today

Last weekend I got to go to Kansas and join with other people around the country for 24-7 prayer's national gathering. Yeah! It was great to see people again and to meet some new people as well, always a good time. Plus I took a road trip with people from Madison for the weekend, was great bonding time with people from here. (including getting stuck in Dubuque, Iowa cause there was the threat of tornadoes on the road that we were to be driving on. We spent almost 2 hours in Dairy Queen to wait for the storms to pass. And then there was amazing sideways type lightning on the way home.)

I really enjoy people and I love how small the world becomes when this person has met this person and knows that one and you know those other people too, great fun. And crazy how many people are interconnected. Like I met a girl in Kansas who met people that I know who are swedish, but she met them in England.

I get to pick up my new car on Friday I think. Crazy that I am getting a car, what a grown-up thing to do. Exciting and scary at the same time. I am proud of my skills with talking to the people at the dealerships and I had fun driving cars. Scary though, cause a car is a big deal. And I need to make sure that I will be able to pay for it in the long term. Grown-up decisions for sure.

I don't know that I will ever feel like a grown-up really, especially cause I get mistaken for being 18 nearly daily.

No comments: