Saturday 23 May 2009

Dancing in the rain

One day last week, it was pouring rain. My housemate commented on how much she liked the current storm and how hard it was raining. So we went and played in it. The rain was pouring down and we we jumping around and landing in puddles and laughing a lot. Good times, and good to take the time to have times like that.

Priorities in life are interesting because there are so many things that we could do with out time. I don't have a tv and wonder what life would be like if I did cause I don't have extra time now. People take time, it takes time to get to know people, or to sit and have dinner, or to come home at the end of the day and catch up with housemates. This week I went to Minneapolis to meet up with people from 24-7 prayer. It was great! I love meeting people and getting caught up with people that I don't get to see as often as would be preferable. Monday night we had an amazing and relaxing dinner. Great food and lots of time eating, drinking, talking with such a great group of people. Fun times and the kind of time that fills your soul with life and encouragement, seeing where people are at, what they are up to, and joking around about whatever.

Road trips are good too, especially when I bribe myself with car snacks and coffees. I got a scone and coffee for the trip there and then one a coffee on the way back too. Yum. And time that you can't do much. I call people, listen to podcasts and music and drive. Relaxing usually. I hate the times in the car though where you can't relax and don't feel like driving or are so anxious to get there that it seems to take forever. There are certain people that are really good at soaking in the time that they are traveling, good at using the time for something. I am somewhere in between the person who hates road trips and the person that is patient during the trip. I am learning. And I like traveling so it must be done.

No comments: