Thursday 6 January 2011

Growing Roots


I have been in Madison for three years now. Whoa. That is a long time. But not at the same time. The thing that happens the longer you stay, so I have found, is that you grow more roots. And really this is a good thing. More friends, more favorite spots, more moments with God, more experiences, favorite running routes, and repeating experiences, building mini traditions. These are good things.

But I get scared. All of these good things, and the growing of roots, would make it harder to move away. But the thing of it is, I don't know for sure that I will move, nor is it worth worrying about now and putting a damper on the here and now.

So time to just live, and be and see what happens. Time to continue relationships and build new ones. To run in my favorite spots and explore other ones. To go to concerts, to have gatherings, to get to know people more and more. And the future will come when it comes and bring with it things that I don't need to know right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i appreciate your perspective on this!