Saturday 9 July 2011

Nice Days




This week, I went on my boat. It was a perfect day for it. No wind, nice calm water as I paddled and floated. Then I got to go and spend time watching fireworks with good friends. On Tuesday, I had a perfect day too. I went with a friend to Devil's Lake, a beautifully rock cliff surrounded lake. I got to hike, swim, lay in the sun, eat good food, and read. Amazing. And I had a VW Beetle as a loaner car and a new cd for the drive. Good stuff and great time with friends!

Wednesday was a concert on the square. I rode a bike down to the Capitol where everyone picnics on the lawn and listens to the music. The lawn is always packed with people and their variety of picnics. One group I saw had to have been about 12 people in a really big circle with their food and wine in the middle. The couple next to us was playing Farkle.

Thursday, I got to see Ray Lamontagne at the Overture Center. I had never been there before. Beautiful space. And we sat in the very top row. The acoustics were incredible! His voice is soooo gooood.

Yesterday I had 2 soccer games to play in in the evening, with no girl subs for most of it! Sadly, we lost both games. But it is great to get to play outside.

Today I tried to go out on my boat again, but it was too windy. I was out on the water for a very short time. My boat is so light (that's what happens with an inflatable one) that the current and wind really carry it. It is funny to carry the boat normally, and extra awkward when the wind blows it. I carry it with one side of it propped on my shoulder and holding onto the handle. The wind kept catching it and making me stop as I had trouble walking forward into the wind. I abandoned the boat idea quickly today, took it home, and went to sit and read at the little beach by the zoo. A lovely afternoon.

A full week of a lot of goodness, and sweet summerlike times.

No comments: