Saturday 10 December 2011

Being Festive

Now is the time of festivities. I even listened to Christmas music the other day while making ornaments out of cinnamon. They worked pretty well. A fun and easy project that my friend's 2 year old helped out with. (we made them in star shapes) And my house has 2 Christmas trees this year. My ceramic little one that my grandma gave me. It is awesome! And a large fake tree complete with lights and tinsel. I have already watched The Holiday and Love Actually. I have drank mulled wine. I have baked Gingersnaps and Christmas wreaths. Plus we are having a Christmas cookie party this weekend too. Tis the season.

Also, tis the season for Advent. 24-7 did great podcasts, one a day (minus Sundays) for Advent. It is great having a reminder each day, a verse to think about and a prayer focus.

Another Christmas tradition that I have fallen into in Madison is making a Christmas brunch. I enjoy this a lot, getting up in the morning and making food for people to come, eat and relax with. Plus it gives people who don't have family here (like me) a place to go in the morning. A lovely and relaxing tradition for me. (sad to miss out on time with my family though)

And it's about time to think of new year's resolutions. I wonder the percentage of people who make resolutions, how many of those take steps towards fulfilling them, and how many of those are successful in their aspirations. Last year, I resolved to drink less caffeine. I did it but should set about to drink less than the caffeine the I now consume. That was probably the first resolution that I have ever made, and I took steps towards meeting it, and did it. Success!

No comments: