Monday 12 May 2014

Running Like a Rockstar

About a month ago, I was in Greenville, South Carolina. It was a great place! As a bonus, they have a  path along a river. There used to be railroad tracks but not those are a beautiful path. There is even a huge waterfall. I loved it so much, I even ran two days in a row. On the second day, there was an organized run going on too. It was a smallish, sort of informal run to promote running for members of the police department I think. (I'm not really sure.) What I do know is that there were police officers stationed on the roads each time the path crossed a road. They would kindly stop traffic, and I would run across. It was amazing! Rockstar running for sure.

Sometimes around as I am running by businesses by my house, there are landscapers out mowing and trimming. When I run by, they will stop or point the stream of grass in another direction. I appreciate the gesture so that I am not hit with grass and sticks. At the same time, I feel a little bad for interrupting their work.

This may be the year that I run a marathon. Charlotte has one in November, there are others in the area around that time too. What an exciting idea!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a Rockstar.
Love,
Dad