Friday 22 April 2016

Running in Ice Drops


I had the best run when visiting my sister in February. I ran along the ocean and it was beautiful! More than that though, it was powerful. I was in awe. 

The run was a little chilly to start and it was raining in small drops. As I ran further, there were times when the rain was harder. The waves in the ocean were roaring and it was windy. I ran past a restaurant that overlooks the ocean as a huge wind gust blew me backwards. I had to laugh thinking what I looked like to the diners, was I still moving forward or not? The rain drops continued to fall. Every so often, the drop would be salty from the ocean or icy. Incredible! It is amazing to get to be in God's creation like that, surrounded by the sea, wind, rain, sand, wow! It is powerful. 

I tried explaining the amazingness of that run to some friends, they looked at me like I was crazy. How could running when it is cold and rainy be a good thing? Well, when you are running, you are not cold. It is almost as if you are removed from the cold. You feel the rain drops but they are not cold, they just are. Amazing. 

No comments: