Tuesday 4 March 2008

it's been a while

So things that have changed lately, hmmm. Not the snow, it's still here, although spring is coming, you can feel the excitement in the air. Yesterday I had myself convinced that it was warm outside, so I went out there with shoes that were not appropriate for the snow that I had to stand in to get the fresh powder off of my car. Then as I was driving down the street I noticed that my car seemed to be the only one with snow on top of it. How is that possible?

Yesterday I bought some frames so that my pictures will be hung properly now, yeah! There were three pictures that I needed frames for and I managed to get ones that are perfect. Exciting! And they were on sale, bonus! Now it is just a matter of figuring out where to hang them in the house.

I really wonder what spring will be like here, I think that it will be great. People will go outside again, bbqs will happen, and an amazing farmer's market downtown that I have heard about so many times that I have lost track.

Life is coming together. I have moved into my house, moved up a floor, got a job which I love, have an internship too and am taking a class there, am getting used to Madison and learning my way around more, meeting new people and getting to know them, finding cool coffee shops and restaurants. Pieces are coming together. It is hard though to not know how everything fits together and what the future will look like. Silly to worry about cause it is a matter of wait and see. And if I actually could know the future, would I want to?

Also what makes a place feel like home or not? What are the ingredients needed? Add a house, some stuff and time? Pictures on the wall I'm sure will be helpful so now I have to get around to that. Perhaps later today. I ran away to a coffee shop this morning to be productive and to get away from the noise of the construction in our house which includes really loud music. So here's to productivity....

No comments: