Tuesday 4 March 2008

losing stuff

So I just lost my phone and was looking all over for it. I couldn't find it so I figured that I had forgotten it at home. Then it started to ring, which made the searching for it even more frantic. Quick! Find the phone as it is teasing me with the ringing. So I searched my purse and my bag and my coat pockets and my purse and my bag and my coat pockets and the missed call signal sounds and I search my bag and dump everything out and do the same drill with the purse and pull my mittens out of my coat pocket but still no phone. But at last I had success! The phone was in my pocket the whole time. Why did I put it there?

The call was a lady from church. I went to a new church last weekend and decided that I want to be a greeter there, great fun. She was returning my call from yesterday. Then she asked how long I had been going to that church, um one week, is that a problem? Now I just have to wait on the other lady to call me back and I can stand and say hello to everyone who walks into the very large building on a Sunday morning. Why does having a name tag suddenly give you more permission to be friendly? And why do so many people come and shake your hand if you stand with a name tag and say hello? We should do an experiment and get name tags and greet people in some random location. Like welcome to the coffee shop or glad you decided to walk down this street. What would people do?

1 comment:

RJC said...

Oooh! That sounds like a fun experiment! If you do it, give me the time and location and I'm there. Hopefully I won't laugh out loud hysterically giving myself away. : )