Sunday 25 January 2009

On my iPod

Who knew that there would come a day when I would be able to type a blog entry on my iPod? Craziness. Here goes nothing I guess. I heard that there is a woman writting a book on her iphone. I don't envy her. This is not that easy, though it auto-corrects which is helpful. There were people who came into work asking how to use the iPod touch that they had gotten for Christmas. They were stunned and excited about being able to check email on it; still amazes me too. Will the wonder of technology fade away? I suppose on some things it does.

Does wonder in life always fade, always need to be remembered and brought back? Without wonder, there's nothing to question. Plus it gives us a positive way to look at things, wonder, amazement, curiosity, amusement. Life wouldn't be as captivating without these things. Sometimes it does take a remembering though, remember when that situation, person, feeling, thought was new? How has it changed? A maturing in knowledge can lead to more depths in what the wondering entails, learn more that leads to more questions towards more insight which makes you wonder all the more.

1 comment:

Radman said...

Yup. But sometimes the daunting, blink-of-an-eye quickness that technology advances provides answers which settle our wonder. Like, we get bored so quickly and yet there's tons in the natural world to amaze us. We are merely moving too fast to notice. Granted, technology has provided endless amazement and seemingly endless innovation.