Friday 16 January 2009

Freezing

How does it count as a "high" if the temperature doesn't even make it to positive numbers? It somehow forgot to warm up. Coldest days is Wisconsin in a record number of years and I get to be here for it. Oh man. Sometimes makes me wonder why I moved here, I mean why didn't I pick a nice beachy spot? Maybe next time.

It is interesting in life now that I don't have plans for moving. There is no reason that I have to leave and as of yet, nothing calling me to move somewhere else. Look at me being settled. I even own furniture. (a chair and shelf, but you have to start somewhere.) The idea of having stuff is still not one that I like.

Yesterday, my family participated in quite a techy moment. My sister and Dad uploaded pictures to my public folder. Then my housemates were watching a movie on my computer so I looked at the photos on my ipod. Crazy world for sure.

There was a lady who came to the store yesterday and said she had a philosophical question. "If we are spending so much time learning technology and using it...... what are we not doing?" At first I didn't know, then she rephrased, "What would you do if you had more time?"

I would sleep more, run more, and read more books I think.

Then the conversation turned into one about how people are wanting more community nowadays, how technologies can separate people, how it is interesting that the most popular websites are the networking ones, facebook, myspace, etc. Are we still taking the time to get to know people in unplugged world. (maybe with some background music from an ipod, like the lovely Pandora radio that I am listening to now.)

How do we stay connected to people? Email, it turns out, is a good way to schedule time.....

No comments: