Sunday 28 December 2008

Life without a cell phone

My phone died yesterday, as in it is out of battery juice and needs to be recharged. The problem arises that the charger is on the other side of town. Yes the other side, not in a different state or super far away, only about a half hour. There is a strange thing about Madison though, that the east and west sides might as well be the other side of the world. I always thought it was really funny that people would talk like the other side is so far and now here I am with a dead cell phone because I didn't want to take the time to go over there. To be far, it only died yesterday. And I will charge it tonight or tomorrow.

So for now, I am without a phone. A bit strange. Does make me realize how dependent I am on email anyway. But sadly the weekly Sunday Dad call has to wait until tomorrow.

I tried to get the Verizon guy to charge my phone. He didn't want the liability if it got stolen. Who's going to steal the phone that they give you for free? But I can understand I suppose. He was my hope and my try to get a phone for these days. Oh well.

That means that I didn't have my phone or internet when I was staying at my friend's house this weekend. Makes things quieter when you can't be reached. Not something that I am useful. Not that I get called all that often anyway or emails but still strange to feel cut off.

3 comments:

Bob(Dad) said...

Chels-a solution would be to purchase a Cell Phone-CAR CHARGER at Walgreens or CVS for about $12. When you have your car, you would have your charger. Sounds simple, but I had my phone for two years before I bought one. Actually, I was in MI and my home charger was in GA when I had the brain storm. Now, I can charge at home or in the car as long as I bring one when I am out of town. Talk to you soon.

Unknown said...

a piece of serenity is priceless

Unknown said...

Hola Senorita!
It's my first time on your blog, I can't believe what I have been missing. I will be back...