Thursday 17 February 2011

Productivity in the Rain


Today is a rainy, feels like Spring kind of a day. I set off to a coffee shop, armed with my computer, this morning with goals of productivity. Instead of starting on my projects right away, I read the paper. (the parts talking about the happenings in government in Wisconsin now. Also, I learned that Borders is closing a third of their stores) Then I ordered some new boots, talked to my sister, searched for flights to Albuquerque to see her, perused Facebook, emailed people, looked at different eyeglasses online, (maybe I'd like some brown, responsible looking ones) and looked over the new 24-7 Prayer American website. Whoa distraction!

Then I got to work, serenaded by Pandora radio of course. My Joe Purdy station and Mumford and Sons station too.

And things went well. I am having another chance in life to apply for a traveling job, to take a risk in trying to get something that I want. The job would be great and difficult too. As always, risks and applying for things and putting yourself out there, are good opportunities for growth. There is potential to shine brightly and be noticed and there is potential for it not to work out. What a thrill.

A few years ago, I would have have said things in this way. The rejection that could be associated with the possibility of not getting it would have crippled my efforts in application. God is good in teaching me about risk and joy and how this can be a thrill. Plus in putting yourself out, you get to see others opinions and be encouraged or challenged by that. Neat.

No comments: