Sunday 20 February 2011

The Wait


There are times in life when there is nothing that you can do but wait, like in the instance of applying for a job. The application is turned in, and the wait has begun. I feel good about it though, I feel like I gave a good effort. So we shall see.

Now is another raining slushy day to relax, to paint my nails, have lunch with a friend, and go to church. I took a walk in the slush today and am convinced that I will always be a person who is perpetually the little kid that really just wants to jump in the puddles with valiant splashing. My boots are waterproof, so though I did not fully engage in splashing, I did walk through all of the biggest puddles.

An interesting quote that I found today says, "Your outlook on life is a direct reflection of how much you like yourself." I think there could be truth in that, as if you love and accept yourself and see the image of God within you, you are more apt to be loving and accepting of others. Thoughts?

No comments: