Tuesday 13 September 2011

Mid September

I have been apple picking twice already this fall! Yay for fall. It is still warm though (not complaining), so you don't want to make pie or applesauce. I have a pie recipe from Williams Sonoma though and plan to make it this fall. It has homemade caramel sauce in it, yum! I want to learn to make pie crust this year, as I don't want to cheat and buy it anymore.

I have been trying to be optimistic about the idea of winter coming. And I have been able to fool myself for a while. Yesterday though, it struck me that going outside would be painful and cold, that there would be ice and snow! Ah. Each year I seem to forget that it will get cold and snow. Hopefully we will have a nice fall first, pretty leaves, crisp weather to wear jeans and hoodies, good times for hot apple cider. Here's to a nice fall......(though I will miss you summer, come back soon!)

No comments: