Friday 2 September 2011

Summer to Fall



Today is a warm and sticky grey day. Then it is going to get chilly. The season is changing and fall is coming sometime. I thought about going apple picking this weekend, but it seems early. I love summer. And summer nights sitting by the water, talking with friends, seeing how they are, and being. The sun goes down, lots of people are around, the sailboats are in the water, idyllic really. Yesterday, I went to my first Badger football game. So many people, all wearing red and flooding into the stadium. What an experience! As each season changes, I usually reflect on what the season was and what is coming next. I don't know what fall will bring. Apple picking. Running in cooler weather. Also I have a new life group starting. It was so fun to get to meet them last week. I love a new group of people, getting to know them, seeing how they react to each other, who befriends whom, what thoughts they have, who they are, and what the personality of the group will be. The new-ness when there is a group of individuals who don't know each other, and yet in a short time, there will be a dynamic to the group. After we got the group, we sat on a half circle patch of carpet to chat. I asked everyone to stare the super hero power that they would have if they could have one. Always a fun question. The carpet was like our little island, or boat in the sea of tile to hang out on for a few minutes. It is great to get to be the person to get everyone talking, what an honor and thrill. We shall see what the group is like and where it goes. What shall the season bring? I have a while to see, as fall comes at the end of the month.

No comments: