Wednesday 9 December 2009

snow day


Today is a day o' snow. Last night our upstairs and next door neighbors made a giant snowman, one that got taller through the night. The snow is beautiful and peaceful. It is interesting that in people, lots of snow causes several different reactions, panic, calm, excitement for days off, for snowmen and snowball fights, snow angels, etc. And the laughter and perhaps hot chocolate that goes with that. Also, people seem to be there to help each other during a big snow. People start shoveling and there is someone else there to help, or someone gets stuck and there is someone to push them out. Last night, two guys from work cleared off my car before I got to the parking lot and two others had to push my car that did not want to leave the parking lot it looks like. A time I wish I had a Jeep, plus how fun would driving around running over snow.

There was a snow plow that I saw this morning that got stuck in a driveway. Another truck with plow came with a chain and pulled him out. (which is really nice cause it turned out that the plowing person that was stuck was the one to plow our street)

I just love when people come out of their individualist selves to come together for something. It's nice. And helping in the snow is something that you can't help but do. And I love that a snow day makes every thing stop, everyone move slower. There are so many things that can't be done, gives you more time to rest, to reflect and to spend time in the snow.

No comments: