Tuesday 29 December 2009

Snow with a 9 year old

Snow becomes alot more fun when there is a little kid around who loves it. My little sister and I had snow adventures. One the night of the 23rd, we had to move my car so that I would not get a ticket. It had been parked on the road and we decided to move it in to the garage. The problem comes that my car is not the tallest of cars. And the snow was just high enough to be a problem. So we prayed for safe travels, armed ourselves with scrappers and got to work. And got stuck turning around on the street. Then got to the driveway and got stuck in the end of it. Then finally got in the garage. After which, we did a victory dance and made snow angels. Great fun. And a bit thrilling as we were stuck a few times and I didn't want us to slide in to anything while she was in the car. (not like I want to hit things normally, but you know how your senses get a bit higher when there is a little person involved.)

She was a great help for the next few days of getting the ice off of the driveway and sidewalks too, until she got bored or distracted. Then we would have snowball fights or I would throw her in the snow. I hung her upside down over the snow. And dropped her in it a few times. Then I asked her if she wanted me to fall in the snow too, which of course she did. So I fell in the snow too. She built two snowmen. One for me and one for her. How sweet! Mine had tomatoes for the eyes and mouth, and a zuchinni end for the nose. There are sticks for arms. For the pictures that we took, she knocked the head off of her snowman so she could be the head. How do kids think of this stuff? Great fun.

No comments: