Sunday 6 December 2009

Why I love soccer

On Friday during soccer, I was thinking about why I like it so much and I have a thought. I am sure that it is a lot of different pieces, including getting to run around, being on a team, having a schedule to getting some exercise. But what I really like is how much it relies on instinct. You move where you go, you go where you think the other people or the ball will be. There is not time to think, just act. It is very fun and freeing. Maybe a lot of the same things that I like about dancing, how you don't really focus on what you look like or what you will do next, moreso you are in the moment and moving within that. Oh how fun. Now how to live like that all the time?

You couldn't in some senses cause there are things in life that need planning and preparation, but the freedom of getting just be in the moment. I like it. I also like stealing the ball from the other team.

No comments: