Sunday 29 September 2013

A Towel and Bottle of Water



I got to stay at a nice hotel earlier this week. I enjoyed it. One day I went for a run. When I got back, one of the three doormen (three seems like a lot) asked if I wanted a bottle of water and a towel after my run. Yes! Then I got confused because he moved away like he was going to get it. I didn't know he was serious when he asked. I almost said no so that he would not have to go wherever to get it, but after I asked if he was serious, I was ushered into a side door, then handed a bottle of water and a towel. Wow. I felt special. The hotel even gave me a map that they had made to direct you to the greenway path. That day I was a little bummed that that was the only run that I was going to be able to do that week. 

Sometimes it's nice to get pampered. It is good to feel special. A bottle of water and a towel after a run, enjoyable. 

I wonder what I can do or actually do to make people feel special like that. It is simple and does not have to be planned or intense or difficult.

No comments: