Wednesday 4 September 2013

Moving Time

Yesterday we drove to North Carolina, and now we live there. Whoa. Moving towns is interesting, exciting thinking of the new adventure, sad leaving what was home. I had an good way to put it, "if you are not sad to leave a place, why were you still there?"

Leaving Madison was difficult. It is a great city, so many good things to do, and great food to eat. Plus, we have fabulous friends in Madison.

When I left England, it was very hard too. I cried on the plane on the way back to the states. Madison turned out to be a great move. I fell in love with the city quickly. I also met so many great people along the way. For a while in Madison, I thought that I would leave it. I lived like that too to some extent (hesitant to commit to things). Then I had a change of heart and decided that it was better to live in the moment and commit to people, live well in the place, and see what happens. Two years after that, I am moving. Committing to being in a place helps you to live there better. It may not be forever (as moving happens) but it is better than being only halfway there.

No comments: